We automatically collect certain information when you visit and use our Service.
- We collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools to measure usage trends of our Service. This helps us improve the online experience for visitors. This data is anonymous, including visitor numbers and device types.
Data Collected Manually
Use of Widgets
- For your convenience only, Our Service may include social media features (e.g., LinkedIn, Instagram widgets) and external links to our official partners, not owned, operated or controlled by DeerHacks (“External Sites”) that may be of interest to you.
- Please familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of the External Sites as we are not responsible for any information you may provide to, or that is collected by, those External Sites.
This includes data collected through direct interactions on our site, such as when you apply or sign up as a participant.
Primary User Data
- We collect primary data via registration forms for event organization. This includes, but is not limited to, first and last name, email address, contact number, educational affiliation, and other information we ask you to provide during registration.
Third Party Data
Optional Survey Data
- We may conduct optional surveys to improve DeerHacks and our Service. Survey data will always be explicitly labeled as such. Participation in surveys is voluntary and does not impact your event eligibility.
How We Use Personal Data
On-Site Participant Data
- We collect various data during the event to ensure a smooth experience at DeerHacks. For example, we record QR code scans for resource management (e.g, food and merchandise) as well as to assess attendance rates and popular activities.
We use personal information solely for organizing and running DeerHacks, including communication with participants.Usage of Automatically Collected Data
Usage of Manually Collected Data
- We monitor metrics like visitor numbers, traffic, and demographic patterns on our Service.
- We diagnose and address technology problems to maintain a high Service standard.
- We store information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your subsequent visits and to implement Service enhancements.
Who We Share Personal Data With
- We release anonymized, aggregate data to the public and DeerHacks partners for marketing, transparency, and sponsorship purposes.
- We tailor follow-up communications such as post-event surveys or marketing newsletters.
- We collect feedback and participant interactions are analyzed for continuous improvement.
- We share and create personalized events like workshops, networking opportunities, educational courses that align with participant's skills and interests.
Personal information may be disclosed to third parties only with your consent or as required by law. This includes sharing information with sponsors or partners, only if participants have opted in. We may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- The University of Toronto
- Our event sponsors, for recruitment purposes
- Service providers assisting us in event organization
- Legal and regulatory authorities, where required by law
We are committed to protecting your Personal Information through technical and organizational measures against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage.
- In the unlikely event of a data breach, affected parties will be notified within 72 hours, subject to legal or other circumstances.
- DeerHacks will never send you unsolicited emails or contact you by phone requesting your account's login details, credit or debit card information or national identification numbers.
You can request access, update, or deletion of your personal data at email@example.com. Compliance with your request will occur within 30 days, barring legal or exceptional circumstances. Please note that deleted data may be retained in our backups for up to an additional 60 days, after which they are purged. You have several options to limit how much information you share with us:
- Limit information sharing by opting out of non-mandatory fields in our forms and communications with you. However, fields marked as mandatory are considered to be necessary to our operations and Service that we offer to you. In the event that you object to these mandatory fields, you may terminate your activities with us and request that we delete all data we have collected from you thus far.
- Opt out of marketing emails to stop receiving marketing and promotional material from us by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of any promotional emails.
- Use tracking blockers to limit analytics tracking. DeerHacks requires cookies to be enabled for our services. However, we do not have individual control over tracking activities done by the services outlined in Personal Data We Collect. Most browsers will allow you to change your cookies preferences. You may also use a browser extension to block anonymous analytics activities.
We are always open to feedback and inquiries! For any questions about this Policy, our Service, or if you need assistance, please reach out to us.
- General Inquiries and Feedback: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any general questions or feedback regarding DeerHacks.
- Bug Reporting: If you encounter technical issues or bugs with our Service, please email us at email@example.com. Your detailed reports help us continually improve the experience at DeerHacks.
- Discord Support: Alternatively, for real-time assistance and inquiries, join our Discord server. Open a ticket related to your inquiry and our team will be there to provide guidance or address your concerns.